Go to navigation (press enter key)

Changes to an Approved Study Abroad Plan

Substantive changes to one's study abroad plans once they have been approved—such as changes of country, major changes in proposed course-work, and/or to one's academic focus during study abroad—must be submitted in writing to the Committee on Leaves and Privileges. Requests to change an approved study abroad proposal must be accompanied by a new letter of recommendation from the major adviser.

Adding another approved program in the same country to one's list need only be submitted, in writing, to the Director of Study Abroad. However, a change of major may require submission of a new JYA application. If you change your major and do not resubmit to the CLP, your JYA status may be revoked.

Deadline for changes to an approved study abroad program are March 1 for Fall term and October 1 for Spring term.