Go to navigation (press enter key)

Conditions for Approval & Provisional Approval

Conditions for provisional approvals for study away must be met by the end of the sophomore year or the leave will not be granted. Provisional approvals normally will not extend into the junior year. If necessary, individual cases will be reviewed by CLP. Students with a grade of INC on their academic records and those on academic probation, under disciplinary censure, or with outstanding financial obligations to the college will not be allowed to study abroad. If the Committee on Leaves and Privileges has granted a student permission to go JYA and the student then falls into one of the above categories, the JYA approval will be automatically revoked. The student may reapply for permission to study abroad provided the prior impediment is removed.