Go to navigation (press enter key)


Vassar students wishing to study abroad must have the support of their major department and the appropriate language department, as well as formal approval by the Committee on Leaves and Privileges (CLP). To be eligible to apply, members of the sophomore class must have:

  • Completed at least one full year's work at Vassar.
  • Declared a major, chosen a major adviser, and discussed study abroad plans in detail with him/her.
  • Recommended cumulative and major GPA of 3.2.
  • Fulfilled the college Quantitative Requirement before study abroad term
  • Taken sufficient area studies courses or have a plan to complete them.
  • Satisfied the applicable language requirement and demonstrated sustained interest in language acquisition.
  • Selected an appropriate program or programs.
  • Meet CLP recommendations if given a provisional status.